Friday, November 19, 2010

FAMILY ESCAPES FIRE UNHARMED THANKS TO CITY INSTALLED SMOKE DETECTORS

Early on Tuesday morning, November 16th, fire struck a home in the 2000 block of north 20th street. Had it not been for operating smoke detectors that had been properly installed by the Springfield Fire Department, the outcome of the fire could have been tragic.

Nicole Evans, her boyfriend, Gregory, and her daughter, Lydia, all escaped unharmed after smoke detectors alerted them to the presence of smoke coming from their registers. When flames were seen coming from the top of the furnace, Nicole dialed 911, grabbed her daughter and all three escaped unharmed.

This is the first known incident in which smoke detectors installed by the Springfield Fire Department have saved lives.

No comments: